Recent TwitteryMy Tweets
- Best Dressed at the 2013 Tony Awards: The Winner Is…
- Podcast Episode 13: Looking Good with David Lee Roth and Bad Manners Online
- Suit Up, Chicago
- My 20th College Reunion Experience
- My Father Was An Alcoholic
- Dollar Shave Club Is Now After Your Ass
- So I Don’t Wear a Helmet. Get Off My Ass.
- Ask George: Who’s the Best Online Custom Tailor?
- Cutting the Cord, Cutting the Cost and Keeping the Content
- A New York Bike Portrait by Dmitry Gudkov
Get the Monthly Dispatch
Tag Archives: shoecare
If I had to start my entire wardrobe over, I would start with shoes. Even a casual observation would tell you that, in terms of both choice and care, shoes are the part of many men’s wardrobes that don’t get appropriate attention. A lot of guys seem to think that shoes aren’t important, which is a mistake. A well-chosen and well-cared for pair of shoes says a lot about a man. Listen: In this podcast, I talk about starting at … Continue reading
After eight years of too-frequent wearing and basic-care neglect from not oiling, polishing or using shoe trees, I was about to kiss an old pair of boots goodbye. Instead, I took my kickers to the shoe repair to see if they could be resuscitated with new soles. Two days later, I’m happy to report that my boots have brand new leather soles, new heels and a new life, which will be prolonged even further now that I know how to … Continue reading
Shoe care is easy to take for granted. But well cared-for leather shoes last a lifetime. The craftsmen at fine American shoemaker Johnston & Murphy have offered some simple steps for taking care of our leather footwear that will keep them looking good and wearing well for a very long time: Always store leather shoes with moisture-absorbing cedar shoe trees, to prevent leather cracking and permanent creasing where the toe bends. Always use a shoe horn when putting on shoes … Continue reading