Recent TwitteryMy Tweets
- Best Dressed at the 2013 Tony Awards: The Winner Is…
- Podcast Episode 13: Looking Good with David Lee Roth and Bad Manners Online
- Suit Up, Chicago
- My 20th College Reunion Experience
- My Father Was An Alcoholic
- Dollar Shave Club Is Now After Your Ass
- So I Don’t Wear a Helmet. Get Off My Ass.
- Ask George: Who’s the Best Online Custom Tailor?
- Cutting the Cord, Cutting the Cost and Keeping the Content
- A New York Bike Portrait by Dmitry Gudkov
Get the Monthly Dispatch
Tag Archives: waxing
When I was a kid, and naturally hairless below the scalp, I couldn’t wait to grow up to be a man. The act of shaving one’s face was a rite of passage I was eager to reach as a pre-adolescent. The grown-up guys with hair on their chests, on their forearms and on their legs (and between them) were symbols of maturity and virility. I was a kid in the 70s, when the hairy-chested Burt Reynolds aesthetic was the ideal. … Continue reading