Recent TwitteryMy Tweets
Current Spotify Playlist
- A New York Bike Portrait by Dmitry Gudkov
- Bike to Work Week: Arriving at the Office Unscathed
- How To Kill It on the Red Carpet at the Tony Awards, Plan B
- The Exquisite Clothes in The Great (and Glamorous) Gatsby
- Ask George: Where To Start with Dress Shirts?
- Observing First-Hand How the Bike Trumps the Car in Manhattan
- Podcast Episode 11: Editing Ties by Size and Getting a Good Shave
- Mix & Match with Indochino’s Spring and Summer 2013 Collections
- UNIQLO x Michael Bastian
Get the Monthly Dispatch
Tag Archives: stanley kubrick
Before he began his career as a director of iconic films we love, like Spartacus, Dr. Strangelove, 2001: A Space Odyssey, The Shining and Full Metal Jacket, New York City native Stanley Kubrick was a photographer. He sold his first image to LOOK magazine in 1945 at the age of 17, and continued to work as a New York City-based photographer for the magazine until 1950. Curators at the Museum of the City of New York and VandM have gone … Continue reading
Photo Copyright @ 1968 Warner Bros., from CinemaDope.com I stumbled across this black and white photo illustrating terrific detail of the exquisite production design of Kubrick’s 1968 masterpiece. Notice the Bell System “Picturephone” and Howard Johnson’s Earthlight Room. At another angle on this same space station set in the film, there’s a Hilton. It makes one wish American airports looked half this good. Geek, out.