Recent TwitteryMy Tweets
Current Spotify Playlist
- Ask George: Who’s the Best Online Custom Tailor?
- Cutting the Cord, Cutting the Cost and Keeping the Content
- A New York Bike Portrait by Dmitry Gudkov
- Bike to Work Week: Arriving at the Office Unscathed
- How To Kill It on the Red Carpet at the Tony Awards, Plan B
- The Exquisite Clothes in The Great (and Glamorous) Gatsby
- Ask George: Where To Start with Dress Shirts?
- Observing First-Hand How the Bike Trumps the Car in Manhattan
- Podcast Episode 11: Editing Ties by Size and Getting a Good Shave
Get the Monthly Dispatch
Tag Archives: shine
If I had to start my entire wardrobe over, I would start with shoes. Even a casual observation would tell you that, in terms of both choice and care, shoes are the part of many men’s wardrobes that don’t get appropriate attention. A lot of guys seem to think that shoes aren’t important, which is a mistake. A well-chosen and well-cared for pair of shoes says a lot about a man. Listen: In this podcast, I talk about starting at … Continue reading
10 min. At a time when so many seem strapped for cash, legions of us still go out for coffee, drop off our laundry, send our shirts out, have our shoes shined and hire a housecleaner… complaining about how broke we are in the process. There are several ways we can cut costs, come out looking smart and be the master of our own domains. In this episode, I talk about five simple ways we can do just that. Featured … Continue reading
Shoe care is easy to take for granted. But well cared-for leather shoes last a lifetime. The craftsmen at fine American shoemaker Johnston & Murphy have offered some simple steps for taking care of our leather footwear that will keep them looking good and wearing well for a very long time: Always store leather shoes with moisture-absorbing cedar shoe trees, to prevent leather cracking and permanent creasing where the toe bends. Always use a shoe horn when putting on shoes … Continue reading