Recent TwitteryMy Tweets
Current Spotify Playlist
- Ask George: Who’s the Best Online Custom Tailor?
- Cutting the Cord, Cutting the Cost and Keeping the Content
- A New York Bike Portrait by Dmitry Gudkov
- Bike to Work Week: Arriving at the Office Unscathed
- How To Kill It on the Red Carpet at the Tony Awards, Plan B
- The Exquisite Clothes in The Great (and Glamorous) Gatsby
- Ask George: Where To Start with Dress Shirts?
- Observing First-Hand How the Bike Trumps the Car in Manhattan
- Podcast Episode 11: Editing Ties by Size and Getting a Good Shave
Get the Monthly Dispatch
Tag Archives: mansbestfriend
This is a basic. Dog runs are not hotbeds of cleanliness, which means wearing comfortable garb that I don’t mind getting dirty or wet. The dog run can also be a gateway to Frumpytown, characterized by ill-fitting clothes from the ugly bin. My ego won’t allow it. I believe that the “I don’t care what I look like” aesthetic in public places, wherever and however employed, can start to quietly bleed into other areas, bringing us to our current state … Continue reading
A typical Saturday morning with Smokey and Kiwi, one of his many girlfriends.
When I’m walking Smokey, people often ask me “What kind of dog is he?” Inquiring eyes still glaze over with incomprehension when I say he’s a “mutt,” or a “rescue.” If it’s not an identifiable “dog show” breed, many people don’t know what it is, which suggests that there is a lack of awareness about rescuing mutts from a shelter as a legitimate option. If you’re thinking about getting a dog, do yourself and a dog the best favor imaginable: … Continue reading
In my next life, I want to be my dog. George Hahn | Photography
This dog apparently used wait at the train station after the work day to meet his master, a 68 year old Chinese man who suffered a fatal stroke at work. The dog, Hachiko, refused to leave his friend’s grave site and didn’t eat for several days. I really have no more words for this other than that I would take a bullet for my dog.