Recent TwitteryMy Tweets
- Best Dressed at the 2013 Tony Awards: The Winner Is…
- Podcast Episode 13: Looking Good with David Lee Roth and Bad Manners Online
- Suit Up, Chicago
- My 20th College Reunion Experience
- My Father Was An Alcoholic
- Dollar Shave Club Is Now After Your Ass
- So I Don’t Wear a Helmet. Get Off My Ass.
- Ask George: Who’s the Best Online Custom Tailor?
- Cutting the Cord, Cutting the Cost and Keeping the Content
- A New York Bike Portrait by Dmitry Gudkov
Get the Monthly Dispatch
Tag Archives: club monaco
Club Monaco has partnered with Made-in-the-USA evangelist Michael Williams, founder of A Continuous Lean, to make a handsome line of reasonably-priced American-made suits. The modern two-piece suits are sold as separates, with jackets ranging from $375 to $575 and trousers ranging from $225 to $269. I love American-made. If we could do more of this, we’d put more skilled craftsmen to work and perhaps bring the price of well-made American goods down to an even more affordable level. Everybody wins.
On a lap through Salvation Army a couple of weeks ago, my eye was caught by this jacket. When I tried it on, it fit in the shoulders and chest, but needed to be taken in a bit in the middle. It cost $13. I took it to the tailor across the street, who trimmed it up and cleaned it for me for $50. Now I have a new jacket that looks and feels amazing. It cost me a grand … Continue reading
Stepping out for Thanksgiving, or any holiday for that matter, is an instance where I like to apply the endangered sense of occasion. As Bill Maher once eloquently put it, if America gets any more casual, people will be wearing diapers and Crocs to the mall. Continue reading