I love my Dopp kit. It’s a durable, gray, waxed canvas bag made by Wm. J. Mills Sailmakers in Greenport, NY. I acquired this indestructible bag from Brooklyn’s own Owen & Fred, purveyors of smart, handsome, well-made and affordable accessories for men.
When I travel, whether by air, rail or road, I try to keep it lean and mean with the bare minimum, including travel size versions of my home bathroom accoutrements if available. Here’s the inventory:
- Dr. Bronner’s Peppermint Liquid Soap* (which I refill for each trip)
- 2 Dollar Shave Club 4x blades / 1 handle
- Harry’s Shave Cream*
- Wash & Stain Bar from The Laundress
- Travel toothbrush
- CVS Antiseptic Mouth Wash (mint)*
- Bulldog Anti-Aging Moisturizer*
- Layrite Pomade* (mini can)
- Royall Muske*
- Tom’s of Maine unscented deodorant
* Travel size liquid approved by the TSA (3.4 oz or less).